Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pet Peeves...

I don't have pet peeves, I have whole kennels of irritation.
– Whoopi Goldberg

--

OMG. so it's been almost a month. and a crazy month at that. i want to thank the few friends of mine who have kicked my butt to get me to post something. one thing that has been taking up a lot of my time this summer [besides drinking] has been training for the Chicago marathon. PB&J and i will be running through downtown Chicago in two months. oy vay.

so yesterday as i was running a measly 5 miles around Cleveland i started thinking of all the things that piss me off when I'm running or biking around the city.

now don't get me wrong this little rant is not a reflection of my mood.

let the peeving begin...in no particular order

Holla: don't whistle, honk or yell at me while I'm running/ridding [unless you know me, i wear headphones for a reason]

Dazed & Confused:
if you're waiting for the bus and see me coming please move out of the way

Littering:
after you're done chewing your gum, throw it in the trash can 5 feet from where it ended up on the ground [same goes for glass bottles]

Passing:
if you hear me yell behind you "on your left" that means I'm coming up behind you on your left...maybe you should go back to kindergarten and learn the difference of left and right

Lanes:
•sidewalks are for walkers/runners not bikes. bike lanes are for bikes. don't get pissed at me when I'm on the Lorain bridge, running on the sidewalk and you have to stop to let me pass. that's why the city made bike lanes. for bikes. (there is even a little character of a biker on the ground for easy reminders)
•Cars, do not stop or park in bike lanes. they are for bikes. use a damn parking lot. [someone actually cut me off and parked on the Lorain bridge after a basketball game. they were trying to pick-up or drop-off some skank. needless to say i gave them a piece of my mind.]

Pedestrians:
yes, i need to vent about them. Please pay attention to cross walk signs. if the little light up person isn't lite up, DON'T CROSS. especially on Lorain and 25th. Southbound traffic on 25th gets a left arrow to turn onto Lorain...which means they have the right away, not you stupid people who decide to walk. you hold up traffic then they get pissed and take it out on riders. please pay attention and have 1 minute of patience, you'll get your walk sign.

Swerving:
cars, please remember that our little tires are delicate. and with all the pot holes in Cleveland there might be some last minute swerving of bikes...please don't get pissed at us, we do our best to stay out of your way. we don't want you to hit us either.

Clear space:
on my ride to work, cars, i know you see me. so driving as far right as you can to not let me pass you [which is really the bike lane] doesn't make me to happy. yes i have to slow down but in time I'm still passing you. like the white car today on Detroit. you think you were so smart to block my lane. too bad I'm super small compared to your big ass car...yeah i put my foot down to pass you...but in the end, who reached the other side of the bridge first...okay you did, but that's because you can go 35 up that hill...

Cars and intersections:
if its a red light or stop sign you are suppose to stop at the white line. which is a line that is BEFORE the cross walk. please don't give me dirty looks when i run my hand over the hood of your car cause your in my way, or the fact that i run in front of you. if i was slick i would do one of those stunts...you know, where the good guy slides over the hood of a car. otherwise back the f&$k up.

i think that's it for my peeving. now don't get me wrong, some bikers and slutty runners have ruined it for the rest of us. For example, my friend Danger Dan rides the wrong way on one way roads, surely pissing off downtown traffic. and I'm not one to follow ALL the rules either. if no traffic is coming, yeah, I'll ride through that red light...only if no traffic is coming. it's all about being safe.

so cars, please give bikes and runners caution when you're by them. Pedestrians, please pay attention to your surroundings. And runners and riders, please be safe out there.

what are some of your running/ridding experiences or peeves???
By the way, i didn't even touch on what happens at the gym [only cause i haven't been there since February]

No comments:

Post a Comment