Wednesday, October 7, 2009

i put on for my city...

I don't need too much. Glamour and all that stuff don't excite me. I am just glad I have the game of basketball in my life.
– LeBron James

-- 

So this post was going to be a million different things with a million different topics. and ultimately the most confusing thing to read.

so i trimmed the fat. a lot.
i like that saying "trimming the fat". like, its so easy.
just a snip here and snip there.

this post is all about basketball. and music. mainly LeBron and Jay-Z. duh.

recently my brother gave me a copy of The Blueprint III cd that he recently bought. yes. he paid for it. anyways. when i get a new cd and go to listen to it for the first time i put it on shuffle.

so the first song that comes on for TBPIII is Empire State of Mind featuring Alica Keys. awesome song. just awesome. i immediately listen to the lyrics. This song had me convinced that the rest of the album was going to be an invitation.

an invitation? yes. to LeBron. An musical invite to LeBron from Jay-Z to come to New York.

the first lyric that i heard that peaked my interest was...
...sitting courtside Knicks and Nets give me high fives... 

then the chorus...totally obvi...
In New York,
Concrete jungle where dreams are made of,
There's nothing you can't do,
Now you're in New York,
these streets will make you feel brand new,
big lights will inspire you,
lets hear it for New York, New York, New York 

then there was this lyric...
...shit i made the yankee hat more famous than a yankee can...


(i shudder every time i think of this image) 
ugh. just step on my heart LeBron.

Then the final lyric that put the nail in the coffin. 
If Jesus paying LeBron, I'm paying Dwayne Wade 

After being at tonight's game with the plum and realizing he could only be here for 45 more games (including pre-season/not playoffs)...it makes me want to cry. 

what also makes me want to cry is the awesomeness that is LeBron, Shaq and team. do it to it. i can only hope to get last minute tickets to the home opener. the first half of the first pre-season game was beautiful. including a signature slam dunk by the king himself!

whatever L-bomb decides to do. i'm happy we had him for the time that we did. he is truly an inspiration...and i can't wait to see More Than a Game.

Go Cavs! 

what are your thoughts on LeBron, Jay-Z or the Cavs this season? 

ps. that was the only song that had me fully convinced...there are a few lyrics from some other songs that could be interpreted as talking to LeBron or about him...but it was a little far fetched...even for me.

pss. i'm more convinced that he'll stay since he got Edwards sent to the Jets. And i'm sure Edwards punches to LeBrons friend also helped him get sent to the Jets.

3 comments:

  1. if the Cavs go all the way. LeBron stays. If they don't I think we'll see a systematic dismantling of the Cleveland Cavs. I hope the former rather than the latter.

    Also, buh bye Braylon, go drop passes somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im with quarter thrower on this one.

    but i have my faith in dan gilbert - i don't think he's going to let him go, and if issue three passes (wink wink) dan will be rolling in the dough - hell i bet he'll throw out his own dough to keep LBJ in cleveland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. touche' alexa.
    however...dan pushing issue three could be a side effect of LBJ not committing to a contract. Mr. Gilbert wont be rolling in Cavs dough anymore...

    ReplyDelete